Joining in May 2019
Dr. Paul van Minnen is a plastic and reconstructive surgeon with a particular interest in hand and wrist surgery. He takes pride in providing the highest standard of care for adults with hand and wrist problems, always with a personal, respectful and affable approach.
He studied medicine, obtained his PhD and completed Plastic, Reconstructive and Hand Surgery training at Utrecht University in The Netherlands. Learning from the country’s most reputable surgeons, hand and wrist surgery became his major interest from very early on in his training. He qualified as a Netherlands Board (NVPC) and European Board (EBOPRAS) certified plastic surgeon before arriving in Australia in 2012.
In Adelaide he completed three years of advanced fellowship training in Reconstructive Microsurgery, Burns Surgery and Hand and Wrist Surgery at the Royal Adelaide Hospital and Flinders Medical Centre. In 2015 he was awarded Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) as a plastic and reconstructive surgeon.
Since 2016 he runs a private practice dedicated to hand and wrist surgery. Dr. van Minnen keeps up to date with the latest techniques, joint replacement surgery and (non-)operative management of Dupuytren’s disease. He published numerous papers in peer reviewed, scientific journals and a hand surgery textbook chapter. His most recent publications are on the management of osteoarthritis of the base of the thumb.
He holds a consultant staff specialist position in the Royal Adelaide Hospital where he treats patients with severe and complex hand trauma.
Qualifications and memberships:
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, FRACS
- Fellow of the European Board of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, EBOPRAS
- Fellow of the Netherlands Board of Plastic Surgery, NVPC
- PhD, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
- MD, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
- Member of the Australian Hand Surgery Society, AHSS
- Member of the Asia Pacific Wrist Association, APWA
- Member of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons, ASPS
- Member of the Netherlands Hand Surgery Society, HVVH
Visit Dr van Minnen's website - www.gripsurgery.com.au
- Base of thumb osteoarthritis
- Finger joint replacement (PIP, MCP joint arthroplasty)
- Dupuytren’s disease
- All hand trauma
- Tendon reconstruction
- Revision hand surgery